Sri Lanka – The Unexplored Wonders
₹70000 per person
Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon and officially the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka, is an island country in South Asia. It lies in the Indian Ocean, southwest of the Bay of Bengal, separated from the Indian peninsula by the Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait. Sri Lanka shares a maritime border with the Maldives in the south-west and India in the north-west.
Sri Lanka has a population of approximately 22 million people and is home to many cultures, languages, and ethnicities. The Sinhalese people form the majority of the nation’s population, followed by the Tamils, who are the largest minority group and are concentrated in northern Sri Lanka; both groups have played an influential role in the island’s history. Other long-established groups include the Moors, Indian Tamils, Burghers, Malays, Chinese, and Vedda.
Sri Lanka’s documented history goes back 3,000 years, with evidence of prehistoric human settlements that dates back 125,000 years. The earliest known Buddhist writings of Sri Lanka, known collectively as the Pāli canon, date to the fourth Buddhist council, which took place in 29 BCE. Also called the Teardrop of India, or the Granary of the East, Sri Lanka’s geographic location and deep harbours have made it of great strategic importance, from the earliest days of the ancient Silk Road trade route to today’s so-called maritime Silk Road. Because its location made it a major trading hub, it was already known to both East Asians and Europeans as long ago as the Anuradhapura period.
In this tour, The Vacation Studio will help you to explore the popular, famous locations along with some of the most unique, unheard of, unknown and unseen regions of Sri Lanka. Strating from Bentota beach area, the tour takes you across greener side of Sri Lanka which are Yala, Ella, Hatton, before heading towards Nuwara Eliya, Kandy, Dambulla, Trincomalee, and finally concluding the tour at Negombo.
Whale watching in Mirissa, staying at a Campsite in Yala, Safari tour in Yala national park, Climbing the Adam’s Peak in the night, walking by the side of Gregory Lake and taking a boat ride, Visiting the ancient city of Anuradhapura are some of the experiences that are offered in this tour.
Tour Duration13 Nights / 14 Days
Best SeasonJanuary to April & August to October
Cities CoveredBentota, Yala, Ella, Hatton, Nuwara Eliya, Kandy, Dambulla, Trincomalee, Negombo
Tour CategoryTVS Exclusive
Day 1 - Arrival at Bentota
Day 2 - Enjoy Bentota Beach Area
Day 3 - Bentota - Yala
Day 4 - Full Day Safari at Yala
Day 5 - The Yala - Ella Journey
Day 6 & 7 - Ealla - Hatton Scenic Train Journey
Day 8 - Visit Horton Plains & Day at Leisure in Nuwara Eliya
Day 9 - Nuwara Eliya - Kandy
Day 10 - Kandy - Dambulla
Day 11 - Dambulla - Trincomalee
Day 12 - At Leisure in Trincomalee
Day 13 - Trincomalee to Negombo
Day 14 - Trincomalee - Negombo
- 13 Nights' Accommodation at the chosen hotels
- Breakfast at the hotels
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle on private basis throughout tour.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- Arrival Airport Transfer
- Departure Airport Transfer
- International Airfare
- Domestic Airfare
- GST 5%
- TCS 5% or 20% as per Govt. Advisory
- Sri Lankan VISA
- Travel & Medical Insurance
- Optional Tours
- Guide fee, Camera fee & any monument Entrances
- Lunches & Dinners
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Inclusions”.
- The Services of Vehicle is not included on leisure days & after finishing the sightseeing tour as per the Itinerary.
- Any changes you may choose to make during your tour.
- Additional costs due to flight cancellation, roadblocks etc.
- Tips of personal nature / Beverages
- Porterage at the hotels and airport
- Any Expenses of Personal Nature such as Drinks /Laundry/Telephone Calls/Insurance/Video/Still
- Excess Baggage/Emergency/Medical Cost